Ametherm’s MS35 series inrush current limiting thermistors play a key role in alternative energy applications by avoiding current spikes in the power generated by wind turbines, solar panels, and other sources as it’s fed into batteries, inverters, and other energy storage components.
The MS35 devices are also used to regulate the release of battery energy in electric vehicles and in pre-charge circuits for many different types of battery chargers.
MS35 Application Benefits
- Help to protect capacitors and other downstream components from damage caused by sudden current spikes, which can dramatically shorten the life of batteries if not adequately controlled
- Handle the same amount of energy as power resistors in a smaller package, saving valuable circuit board space
- Provide simple one-component alternatives to using power resistors with timers and relays, reducing costs and greatly simplifying designs
Datasheets and Buy It Now Links
MS35 Technical Details
- Capable of handling up to 900 joules of energy and steady-state currents from 10 A to 50 A
- Resistance values from 0.5 Ω to 20 Ω
- Dissipation constants from 78 mW/°C to 102.45 mW/°C
- Thermal time constants from 65 s to 240 s
- Body temperatures up to 235 °C at 100% of their maximum current rating
- Maximum capacitance from 1000 µF to 1800 µF at 680 VAC
- Featuring diameters of 37 mm and 38 mm and thickness down to 6.50 mm