TEMPERATURE MEASUREMENT OR CONTROL
If your thermistor sensor applications involve either temperature measurement, and or control, these are great articles to read.
Temperature Measurement with a Wheatstone Bridge
- The challenge of obtaining an accurate resistance measurement is to alleviate the loading effect of the circuit by the meter. Using a Wheatstone Bridge solves that problem. Read the full article.
- FYI: What is a Wheatstone Bridge. A Wheatstone Bridge is a network of four resistances an Electromotive Force (emf) source and a galvanometer connected such that when the four resistances are matched, the galvanometer will show a zero deflection.
Glass Encapsulated Thermistors for Automotive and Industrial Applications – Temperature Control
- When high accuracy and long-term stability is your priority, Ametherm’s DG series of glass-encapsulated NTC thermistors are the right choice.
Accu-Curve Precision Interchangeable Thermistors – Temperature Measurement
- The last thing you want to do if you need to replace a thermistor is to re-calibrate the replacement if you don’t have to.These thermistors are interchangeable so there is no need to re-calibrate, which saves time.
Thermistors used to Measure Temperature in Lake Tahoe – Temperature Measurement.
- Learn why the scientists at the Tahoe Environmental Research Center rely on NTC thermistors to measure the changing temperature of the lake. Global warming has caused the lake temperature to rise, which will adversely impact the echo system of the lake and its inhabitants. Read the full story.
Thermistor Temperature Detection Fire Alarm Example – Temperature Measurement
- Because NTC thermistors play a crucial role in temperature detection, they offer a better way to detect fire. They quickly react to a change in temperature; not the detection of smoke or smoldering fire to alert you to danger.
TEMPERATURE CONTROL OR COMPENSATION
You’ll find these articles to be a great resource of information if your thermistor sensor applications involve either temperature control, and or compensation
Thermal Time Constant & NTC Thermistors – A Practical Study
This article breaks down thermal time constant and its relationship to NTC thermistors. It shows you how to measure thermal time constant and walks you through an experiment used to demonstrate one particular method of measurement.
Temperature Sensor for Control and Compensation Circuits – Temperature Control & Compensation
Learn how to setup a bridge network in thermistor sensor applications for a temperature control or compensation circuit.
Accu-Curve Thermistors for High Accuracy Temperature Sensing – Temperature Control
- ACCU-CURVE™ thermistors are used for high-accuracy temperature sensing, control, and compensation in medical, industrial, and automotive applications. They offer long-term stability and reliability over a broad temperature range.
NTC Thermistors used in Tesla Hyperloop Pod – Temperature Control
- Learn how Tesla used NTC thermistors in the Hyperloop Pod project to create a heat-map to monitor and control temperatures throughout the Pods motor
Temperature Compensation Circuits – Temperature Compensation
- Temperature compensation is a common problem among coils, or solenoids. These metals exhibit a positive temperature coefficient with rising temperature. Learn how a fixed parallel resistor is used to bring the temperature coefficient down to a usable limit.
Thermistor Fan Control in Gaming Applications – Temperature Control
- NTC thermistors are expanding into new and unknown territories where they function very well. This year, EVGA; an American computer hardware company, redesigned its leading cooler fan to better monitor and cool power components with the added use of NTC thermistors. Read more.